Ways To Give
If we've nudged something within you that makes you want be a part of changing the world permanently, good. That's where it begins.
Your gift becomes the lead domino, pushing for change by funding Headwaters who supports a group that changes a neighborhood that raises a child who sees what's possible and ends up transforming the world. Which began in 1984 when someone was nudged.
Giving is one way to change the world. Headwaters donors are as diverse as the people you see throughout the community. While they come from all walks of life, our donors share a commitment to transforming the world and an understanding that it takes resources to do this. Gifts can support work for justice today, advance your broad philanthropic goals, or create a permanent resource for change.
Among the many ways to give you can:
- Direct your giving and support work for justice today though our annual fund or one of our focus areas
- Advance your broad philanthropic goals by establishing a donor advised fund
- Create a permanent resource for change with a planned gift
Making a Gift
We make giving as easy as possible. You can:
- Make a gift online: You can use our secure online system to support Headwaters with a one-time donation or set up automatic monthly deductions from a credit card, checking or savings account by visiting GiveMN.org.
- Give by check or credit card: Mail your check to Headwaters Foundation for Justice, 2801 21st Avenue South, Suite 132B, Minneapolis, MN 55407. To give a gift by credit card, please contact Jodi Williams at email@example.com or 612-879-0602 x12.
- Join our sustaining donor program: Use automatic debits from a checking, savings or credit card account. Making a monthly automatic donation is convenient and hassle-free, and helps expand your capacity to give by budgeting it over time. Once set up, your monthly giving continues until you decide to make a change.
- Make a pledge: Make a pledge that is payable over time. You set the amount and payment schedule. Your pledge helps Headwaters plan for the future, knowing resources will be there to tackle long-standing injustice.
- Make a gift of stocks or bonds: By gifting appreciated securities that you have held for over a year, you can take a tax deduction for the full market value of the appreciated stock, bonds or other kinds of securities without an obligation to pay capital gains taxes. This means you can give more to social change philanthropy! Find out more about donating stock or other securities.
- Designate your gift: Give to Headwaters through the Community Shares of Minnesota or United Way.
- Make a tribute or memorial gift: Give a gift in honor of a special person. The name of the person you honor will be included in our annual report. Please give us the address of the person you are remembering or honoring, or the address of their loved ones, and we will notify them of your thoughtfulness.
- Ask friends and family to celebrate a special occasion in your life through a gift to Headwaters. Many of us don't want or need more “things.” What better way to recognize a birthday, wedding, retirement or other special occasion than by making a gift to Headwaters to transform our community?
- Ask your company to match your gift: Be sure to ask your company human relations administrator if they have a matching gift program. You could increase your gift by as much as two to three times the value of the original gift.
- Help widen our circle of supporters. Please help us spread the word by passing our information on to others who share your vision for a just society! Help us widen our circle of supporters by hosting a party in your home. We'll provide the speaker and help with the details.
For more details about annual fund giving, please call Jodi Williams at 612-879-0602 ext. 12, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Headwaters honors all donor requests with regard to keeping, publicizing and/or sharing donor information, and discontinuing contact.