Announcing the Larry Olds Popular Education Fund at Headwaters Foundation for Justice
The Larry Olds Popular Education Fund at Headwaters Foundation for Justice
The Larry Olds Popular Education Fund is a donor advised fund at Headwaters Foundation for Justice, which aims to advance and support quality and quantity of educational opportunities using methodology incorporated in popular education (education for raising the critical consciousness of participants). For more information on popular education check out the popular education newsletter links or for good background on popular education.
This fund is to support Minnesota organizations, activists, and community-based educators in improving their use of popular education in their work. Grants will be provided for organizing education/training events as well as for local folks to participate in education/training opportunities elsewhere. To apply send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: a) a paragraph (or 2 at the most) about yourself and your work, b) details about the education or training activity (including its cost) and its connection to your work and your interests.
The fund will support the following, but will not be limited to:
- Co-convening or direct supporting for popular education meetings/trainings or gathering where popular education methodology is used
- Support of popular education instructors to train in Minnesota
- To support for individuals to attend instructor training or popular education techniques
Recently funded activities:
- Scholarships for 6 people to attend a Training For Change Workshop
- Support for two to attend a TOPLAB "Cop-in-the-Head" workshop in NYC
- A Workshop "Teaching Ourselves the Wall Methodology" (methodology from the book Starting With Women's Lives)
- Support for local people to do popular education work at the Allied Media Conference