According to the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, advocacy, civic engagement and community organizing in Minnesota leverage $138 in benefits for every dollar invested in this work.
Over time, when dollars combine with organized community voices on the ground, we achieve great things together.
- reducing instances of racial profiling,
- raising the minimum wage,
- promoting successful community re-entry after incarceration,
- holding the line on state funding for public education,
- stopping public policy proposals that negatively affect immigrants and refugees, and
- including low-income workers, women and people of color when federal dollars and public contracts are at play.