Jobs / Internships / Volunteer Opportunities
Position Title:Operations Associate
Reports To: Executive Director
Open until: Friday, July 25
The Operations Associate is responsible for supporting Headwaters Foundation’s administrative and operational needs.
Administrative and Operations
- Provide operations support to all departments, including: purchase of new and/or upgraded equipment, records retention, and purchase of office subscriptions, coordinating workflow, maintaining business relationships with vendors, and purchase and maintenance of office supplies.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Development Director, including: information management, maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, coordinating and managing meeting logistics, copy editing, as well as the supervision of office volunteers and interns.
- Provide project management support: coordinate logistics and workflow, conduct research, collect and analyze data, and develop reports
Development and Special Events
- Manage donor database, including: infrastructure and workflow, gift processing and acknowledgment, tracking and reporting.
- Manage grants, including: grant writing and reporting, working with staff to gather relevant information, and keeping accurate hard and electronic files
- Coordinate annual appeals, including: creating and tracking appeals calendar, segmenting target lists, and writing copy.
- Assist with special event planning and logistics
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Finance Director in the management and preparation of Board materials and activities.
- Coordinate logistics for Board and committee meetings. Attend meetings to record minutes and provide meeting support.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of work experience, and Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to skillfully handle multiple assignments, establish priorities and procedures, and attention to detail.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Experience managing databases (Raiser’s Edge, preferred), websites, and email systems
- Proficiency with current office/computer technology and the ability to manage outside vendor relationships to mutual benefit of Headwaters and the vendors.
- Experience leading or collaborating on special projects.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving.
- Competent with Microsoft Office product suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- A commitment to Headwaters’ mission.
- Willingness to advance strategic goals and outcomes established by the Board and the Executive Director.
- Compliance with all operating policies and procedures of Headwaters.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to a collegial work style and mutual accountability.
- Self-motivation and flexibility.
- Ability to work with diverse class, race/ethnic, sexual orientation, gender identity, and differently-abled communities.
- Ability to work as part of organizational teams on special projects.
- A sense of humor.
Send your cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please use subject line: Operations Associate. No phone calls.
If you are interested in volunteering with Headwaters Foundation for Justice contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 612 879-0602 ext. 15.