Jobs / Internships / Volunteer Opportunities
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the effective support of all of Headwaters’ departments.
Administrative and Office Management
Perform a variety of office management responsibilities including: purchase of new and/or upgraded equipment, records retention, and purchase of office subscriptions, coordinating workflow, maintaining business relationships with vendors, and purchase and maintenance of office supplies.
Provide administrative support to Executive Director and other staff: information management, maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, coordinating and managing meeting logistics, copy editing, as well as the supervision of office volunteers and interns.
Coordinate agency logistics and workflow, conduct research, collect and analyze information, develop reports.
Work closely with the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer in the management and preparation of Board materials and activities. Coordinate logistics for Board and committee meetings.
Development and Event Support
Manage gift entry, acknowledgement, report generation, and other information in donor database (Raiser’s Edge). Provide support for mailings. Assist with special event planning and logistics.
Producing content for the organization's website, updating the website, assisting with social media, assisting in the production of a newsletter and other print materials
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills including ability to handle multiple assignments, establish priorities and procedures, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with current office/computer technology and the ability to manage outside vendor relationships to mutual benefit of Headwaters and the vendors.
- Computer literacy and experience with database management.
- Basic writing skills with attention to spelling, grammar and proofreading.
- Open, flexible and able to work closely with diverse constituencies.
- Experience working on special projects.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving.
- High competence with Microsoft Office product suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with the following software programs desired, but not required: Raiser’s Edge, FileMaker Pro, constant contact
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A commitment to Headwaters’ mission.
- Willingness to advance strategic goals and outcomes established by the Board and the Executive Director.
- Compliance with all operating policies and procedures of Headwaters.
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to a collegial work style and mutual accountability.
- Self-motivation and flexibility.
- Ability to work with diverse class, race/ethnic, sexual orientation, and differently-abled communities.
- Ability to work as part of organizational teams on special projects.
A sense of humor.
Submit resumes to Kate Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Headwaters Foundation for Justice
2801 21st Ave S, Suite 132-B
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Posting Closes on January 1, 2014
Headwaters Fans are invited to volunteer for these exciting projects!
- Allies for Justice: helping to secure event and table sponsors, organizing raffle donations and ticket sales’ some day-of volunteers needed as well
o Time commitment: monthly meetings (1.5 hours) December – June (some by phone), with an average of 2-3 hours of work in between; several hours the day/eve of the event itself—Wednesday, May 16.
o Looking for 5-8 people to serve on planning committee.
o Questions? Contact email@example.com or 612 879-0602 ext. 14.
- The Headwaters Foundation for Justice is seeking a Fundraising and Communications Intern to support the organization in the implementation of its annual fundraising campaign, special events and communications--electronic and print. This is an unpaid internship, but may be applied for college credit(s) if applicable and desired. Click here for more information.